In the last month, I have spent 150 hours at The Hot Spot Yoga school. 100 hours were completed in Spokane at BeYOUtiful Hot Yoga and the most recent 50 at the training center in Selah.
My life has changed in so many ways but here are just a few of the ways my life, heart, soul, body and my relationship to the rest of the world have changed.
- Belief in myself
- A deep love and respect for many people that touched me during this journey
- A love for who I am that really I haven’t felt in my entire life until after 150 hours of this training.
- A renewed respect for the earth and a passion for protecting it
- A spiritual awakening and connection to God.
- A love for my body and completely different view of what it can do. My body has no limits.
- A commitment to my yoga practice in body and soul.
- New friends that I know at the deepest level. I saw true beauty in every hour of that 150 and not one involved makeup or hair products. In every way it is only found from the soul.
- A power in people’s belief in you. The reflection of support is overwhelming. Love and support is truly shared and multiplied.
- A respect for the struggle and journey each of us are on. I know now some of the struggles going on out there and it changes how you look at every person you come into contact with.
- A purpose for my life and a direction and drive to go help others with my unique passions and professional skills.
These are just SOME of the amazing life changing benefits that being a member of bhytribe and Skye Tribe is all about.
I would recommend anything these two groups offer. Some physical work outs are just physical, but being involved with my Teacher Mimi and my Teacher Stephanie is a mind, body, soul change.
No matter if you are 20 or 50 (reflects the actual age range) This is a place to change your life. This is a place to decide to let go and move forward. It’s finding out and loving who you are and learning to love who others are.
I love this place and all who go there. Not like I love Diet Pepsi, which I do, this is more like I love my family. I love you all.
Amy – 50 hours YTT October 2015
- Stephanie, my Guru. You have a gift. You have changed my life and I’ve watched those around me change. I will be forever grateful and will support you in all your endeavors. So many things I could say, speechless. All things above are just a start. I came in with “I can’t” and left with “my turn!” Thank you, namaste.
- Mimi- you believed in me even when I didn’t and gave me a home. You are truly our Yoga Mom – even though I am older, I know you’d be there if I needed. You calm and comfort any room just by being in it. I will always help you as well. Even if you need a sitter – Love to you.
- Carlo – even though you may never read this, you gave me a love and respect for the practice. I want to make every pose the best it can be. I’ll never rest on my joints again and always strive for perfecting the basics. You are a master and I will make any trip anywhere for the opportunity to practice with you. If you ever wore socks I can’t wait to blow them off with my progress. And I’ll update you on any Kardasian news you may have missed. With my respect.
- Wes – I love how you make it okay to have fun. To smile and laugh. You lighten every class and always have the best music! I hope you are at my last 50 because I’m still waiting for Wes’ guide to music mix.
- Andrea- you are a gift! I’m so glad I got to know you. I’m going to try one of those recipes you post this month. I am committed now! I’ll blog about it so keep watching where ever you are.
- Jenn – 1,2,3,4 will never leave me. Your voice will calm me in my head. Love to you, actually my first teacher 🙂
- Nathan – you love people. Never stop being you. But… We all love you back.
- Taylor – that fun energy. I can’t wait to take a class from you!
- Nawo- I was blessed by your words. You have a wonderful way of expressing yourself and I will definitely be at a Yin class soon.
- My fellow teacher trainees-I have so many of you to thank, really all of you. You are the heart of all my changes. The first time I’ve teared up writing this post. I love you. You are my sisters (and brother-just you Ryan!) and I can say this: you all have my number and I would drop anything and everything if you needed me. You are all beautiful and have something to share just by being you. I can’t wait to take your classes. You have my gratitude and love.
I feel like I’m missing someone, there were just so many who impacted me. Thank you all, I will cherish you always.