I went to my doctor last week and finally back to PT. They couldn’t believe my range of motion in that knee. And it’s all Yoga. Amazing. I love that feeling that I am strengthening and working those joints. Especially when I have problems.
At the same time, when I am in yoga, I’m not always where I want to be. I’ve always done some type of New Years Resolution. In the past, I have lost weight, done triathlons and drank water. This year I want to set a few. But most people shy away from New Years goals. They think, oh they never work. I’ll just fail. So don’t. Don’t fail. Do it, follow through. Do I do everything I set out to do? Heck no. I fail, I have setbacks. I try things that don’t pan out. I get into things and quit all the time.
The goals push me though. Do better this year, try harder this year. What do you want? What should you try? New Year is celebrated for this reason, its a chance at renewal, improvement, goals.
So this year, join me. Make one or two, heck, three or four. Will you complete all of them, probably not. But the goal isn’t the problem. Sometimes you get into a goal and figure out it isn’t what you wanted. I had a goal to run again. Maybe that’s not what I want. Maybe I want to hike and walk well into my 40’s. Crazy, I know. I don’t want a knee replacement by the time I’m 50. I like my knees. But the goal of running again wasn’t the problem. It was my knees.
Sometimes there are setbacks, how strong is your desire to get to your goal? You have to push through those setbacks. The bad days, the distraction from the goals days. Just don’t quit.
State your goals, share your goals. How committed are you to the goal? Be open to failure, share with like minded people, keep to that goal.
Alright, this year, I have many goals:
- Be a dedicated to my yoga practice. Share it, blog it, I am going to make progress this year every month.
- Drink more water. I have done this before with success, but have fallen off the goal. Shooting for at least two bottles every day, three on Yoga days.
- Do 2/3 and 1/3 of two triathlon this year
- Swim and bike every week
- Morning devotional every morning
- Commit to my Yin practice once a week. I am happier and a calmer person when I go to Yin.
- Spend time with my girlfriends at least once per month
- This year I am going to jump out of a plane. (40th birthday goal)
- Build my business
- Learn Property and Auto Insurance
- Read a book every month
- Continue to learn knitting and create fabulous pieces
Do any of these inspire you? What do you want to do. Go for it! And if you aren’t up for it, make your goal to encourage someone and inspire them in their goals. Maybe that’s me! I have a ton of goals, so push me. Check in with me. Be anyone, do anything. What do you want to do? Do it!